Last modified: August 31, 2016
Children under the Age of 13
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13. If you are under age 13, do not use or provide any information on to the Website, or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any User Account through the Website, complete any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 years of age, please contact us at email@example.com.
Types of Information We Collect from You
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including, without limitation:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, job title and/or salary ("personal information");
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as job title, salary, work experience and/or college education; and/or
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website and/or usage details.
How We Collect Information from You
We collect information (i) directly from you, when you provide it to us; (ii) automatically from you, as you navigate through the Website; and (iii) from third parties, for example, our business partners, all as further detailed below.
Information We Collect Directly from You
The information we collect directly from you may include:
- Information that you provide by using various parts of the Website, such as information provided when completing various forms on the Website, registering to use the Website, creating a User Account, subscribing to any of our service, posting User Contributions, requesting further services or entering Company-sponsored contests or promotions or reporting a problem with the Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of your orders, including any financial information.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") as User Contributions. Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk.
Although we limit access to certain pages and you may set certain privacy settings for certain by logging into your User Account, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Automatically from You
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including, but not limited to:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or other online services.
The information we collect from you automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain such information or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
The information we collect from you automatically may help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, allow us to customize the Website according to your individual interests, speed up your searches on the Website and recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash cookies: Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web beacons: Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie information collected from you automatically to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
Information We Collect about You from Third Parties
How We Use Your Information
Some of the ways we use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, are as follows, without limitation:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your User Account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
How We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To any buyer of the Company or other successor of the Company in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about the Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the "e-mail a friend" feature of the Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others.
Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of the Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to a User Account or any other parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
We may link to other sites or have third party services on our site we don't control
We Store Information in the United States
Information we maintain will be stored within the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your Information to the United States.